QUESTION TO COASTAL90.COM My husband and I are going to be staying at my son's in law camp we want to drive to Old Town Bay St. Louis. We have been there a couple of times and then ride r bicycles around could you please give us any advice like where to park at and some great bike riding areas to see.
thanks for any advice
Bay St. Louis Old Town is a great area to visit and bike. For parking I would park on Main Street or when open the Bay St. Louis Parking Garage. (It may be closed due to Construction) Bring plenty of Water because it can be warm especially during the summer months.
Once out I would ride the bikes around and hit a few local areas:
- I would swing by the Depot District and Duck Pond first. This will get you about a 5 minute bike ride from Main Street. The Cypress Cafe is located there. The old train terminal and several other shops and business are located in this area as well.
- Then I would head back up to the beach to check out the great bike path from Bay St. Louis to Waveland. (If you are adventurous you can take the trek to the Waveland Pier about 3 Miles down. Nice walk for $1.00 per person.)
- Head back to Main Street and Visit the Sloppy Dog's Cafe. This is a great little cafe serving gourmet hot dog's in Bay St. Louis.
- Check out the Hancock Historical Society located on Cue Street across from the Court House. Great history collection and nice museum of Hancock County.
- Then hit the other antique and shops on Main Street. Check out our Old Town Bay St. Louis Guide
- Close out the day at Serious Breads. Oh my god do they have the best bread and cookies in Mississippi! I know because we work above the bakery. Smells good Everyday!
There is so much to see. I will also post a bike ride map shortly to show the points of interest that are great stops as well.
We want to visit and bike in Old Town Bay St. Louis Mississippi | 06/27/2011